Hiring A Stone Cleaning Contractor
September 23, 2017
Stone Cleaning Professional Checklist:
Are you considering hiring a stone cleaning professional to restore or maintain your natural stone surfaces? This is a big deal because maintaining natural stone is not cheap and not every cleaning contractor is knowledgeable in natural stone. Also, it is very important to make sure you are comparing apples to apples when comparing estimates from different stone cleaning professionals. Here is a list of a few things to consider before making your final choice.
- Referrals, are they offering to give you any? Always good to actually talk to a previous client and not just rely on written reviews.
- Is the price in line with the industry. If it seems too good to be true it probably is…
- Are they offering a discounted price? If so, does this also mean a discounted service or will you be receiving a full service treatment for that discounted price?
- Will they be using a rotary machine?
- Will they use a pad or a brush on that rotary machine? Each has its purpose.
- Will they be scrubbing the grout lines with a nylon brush?
- Have they recommended sealing?
- Do they mask off your appliances? Put tarps down to cover the carpet, corner guards to protect your baseboards etc…
- Do they move furniture?
- Did they discuss with you the possibility that the sheen or shine may change with cleaning?
- Who will be coming to do the work? Owners will always have a deeper interest in customer satisfaction.
- How long have they worked on natural stone?
- Are they licensed, bonded and insured? If so, get that information.
- And finally, what is your personal feeling regarding this person and their company? Do you feel comfortable with them? Do you get a good feeling from them? Do you feel like they’ll come back and stand behind their work should something go wrong?
I hope this stone cleaning professional checklist has been informative and will help you in making an informed decision regarding your next stone care professional!